This site is about spirituality in the New Age, Esoteric teachings, Ageless Wisdom, miracles, supernatural phenomena and modern spiritual teachers such as Sai Baba, Maitreya and other Avatars.
It also gives information about topics such as life after death and complementary medicine.
The New World prayer
The new world prayer was given by Maitreya in July 1988 is really an affirmation with an invocative effect, and will be a powerful tool in the recognition by us that man and God are one, that there is no separation. By affirming that I am the creator of the universe I can come into consciousness (eventually) that I am God, the true reality.
I am the creator of the universe.
I am the father and mother of the universe.
Everything came from me.
Everything shall return to me.
Mind, spirit and body are my temples
For the Self to realize in them
My supreme Being and Becoming
The Lord Maitreya
"Before the throne of God, the angel, with all the other angels, stood and cried: 'Lord of my life, grant me the strength to tread the path of revelation; to cross the sea of dark illusion, and face the lighted way of earth.' God said: 'Go forth and far away.'
"Before the gate which opens on the lighted way to peace, the angel stood alone and said: 'Lord of my life, the way of revelation is the way of manifested life; the path of dark illusion leads to the light which scatters every shadow. I seek to tread the lighted way which lead back to thy Presence. As yet that way is dark. What shall I do?' God said, 'Draw near and enter into thine own light, and in that light, see Light.'
"Before the gateway of each newborn day, which holds within its sealed hours ordered responsibility, each morn I stand. I cry aloud: 'Lord of my life, how can I do the duty of this day and seek detachment? Meet every need and yet free myself from ties and bonds?' God said: 'The sun draws near and vivifies the earth. Naught can it take from out the earth. Live likewise. Give and ask naught!'"
Alice A Bailey
"Let the disciple seize hold of the tail of the serpent of wisdom, and having with firmness grasped it, let him follow it into the deepest centre of the Hall of Wisdom. Let him not be betrayed into the trap set for him by the serpent of illusion, but let him shut his eyes to the colourful tracery upon its back, and his ears to the melody of its voice. Let him discern the jewel, set in the forehead of the serpent whose tail he holds, and by its radiance traverse the miry halls of maya (illusion)."
Alice A Bailey
Today we are entering a new age. This new age will bring us a new teacher and a new revelation. This new revelation will be based on the best of the all the past and present world religions and will consist of a new approach to God. Over the past 2500 years the two great Sons of God, the Buddha in the East and the Christ in the West with innumerable other teachers provided the world with a spiritual basis for mankind. Buddha, the Illumined One, the embodiment of Wisdom brought the Wisdom of God to mankind. The Christ the embodiment of Love revealed the Love of God.
Gradually people are turning away from the established religions as people feel that these old religions are no longer meeting the their spiritual needs. The attendance at churches and temples is dwindling and the hold the churches had on people is waning. The widespread education has given the people the ability to think for themselves. The free thinking people of the modern world find it difficult to believe in the dogmas and doctrines of the past as they no longer have a ring of truth for them. Religion is still remaining strong in the parts of the world where there is still widespread poverty and illiteracy.
In the past people considered religion as the only path to God. Now they know that every line of human endeavour is a path to God. Today far more people are achieving enlightenment or God realisation through these secular paths such as science, economics, politics, arts, music and literature than the number of people following the religious paths. The science is a revelation from God to mankind just as the religion is and we have had great prophets of science such as Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin and many others around the world.
This new revelation will be the third Great Approach by God towards humanity. It will reveal to man a new quality of God, which we are not aware of, and for which we do not have a name yet. The previous revelation through Jesus revealed the Love of God. The New World religion will be based on facts already stood the tests of time. They are
1. The fact of God (God Transcendent)
2. The man relationship to God (God Immanent )
3. Fact of Immortality and eternal persistence
4. Brotherhood of man
5. Existence of Way to God
6. Continuity of revelation and divine approaches to humanity and the possibility of a third and imminent approach
Three more fundamental truths will emerge. They are
1. The demonstrated existence of the Spiritual Hierarchy or the Kingdom of God on earth, who the custodians of the divine plan, and the expressions of the Love of God. The ability of mankind to contact the members of the Spiritual hierarchy, the Masters of Wisdom and work in cooperation with them. We shall speak openly of their work.
2. Development of Science of Invocation and Evocation. Prayer and meditation are the preliminary steps to this emerging science and what is now called worship. Instead of using prayer and asking for things individually we will invoke spiritual energies by reciting specific invocations as groups of people and will be taking part in group meditations. Use of Great Invocation as a group and taking part in Transmission Meditation are examples of these emerging spiritual practices.
3. Realisation that the starry heavens, the solar system and the planetary spheres are all of them manifestations of spiritual Lives and the interrelation between these Lives is as real as is the relation between the members of the human family.
There will be three major festivals concentrated in three consecutive months leading to a prolonged spiritual effort, which will affect the remainder of the year. These will be
1. The Festival of Easter. This is the festival of risen, living Christ, the Teacher of all men and Head of the Spiritual Hierarchy. It will be on the first full moon of spring and is the great Western and Christian festival.
2. The Festival of Wesak. This is the festival of the Buddha, the spiritual intermediary between the highest spiritual centre, Shamballa and the Hierarchy. The Buddha is the expression of the Wisdom of God, the Embodiment of Light and the Indicator of divine Purpose. This will be on the full moon of May. It is the great Eastern festival.
3. The Festival of Goodwill. This will be the festival of the spirit of humanity, aspiring towards God, seeking conformity with the Will of God and dedicated to the expression of right human relation. This will be held on the full moon of June.
These three festivals will be celebrated simultaneously throughout the world. The remaining full moons will constitute lesser festivals, but will be recognised also to be of vital importance.
The humanity will invoke the spiritual power of the Kingdom of God, the Hierarchy. The Hierarchy will respond and God’s plans will be worked out on earth. The Hierarchy will invoke the centre of God’s Will, Shamballa thus invoking the Purpose of God.
Alice A Bailey, The Reappearance of Christ (London: Lucis Press, 1948)
Alice A Bailey, The Externalisation of the Hierarchy (London: Lucis Press, 1955)
The Great Approach, Benjamin Creme (Share International Foundation, Amsterdam, London, Los Angeles)
Maitreya’s Teachings, The Laws of Life,Edited and introduced by Benjamin Crème, Share International Foundation, ISBN 90-71484-31-9